[TenTec] TT Orion and TVI problem

To: "TEN TEC LIST" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT Orion and TVI problem
From: "G.C." <g.crosta@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 19:28:58 +0200
Hi to all the guys,

many thanks for your prompt reply to my question concerning the TVI troubles.

Many of us asked for other detailed info. Here after some answers.

I use a linear power supply and not a switching type.

The model is a Daiwa PS30 XMII from 1 to 15 Volt rated at 25 A max 30 A
I have noted after a check the PS hasn't the AC gound wire installed! The plug
has only two wires: live and return.
As suggested I'll try to use a 13,8 Volt car battery to check quickly the PS
system.

All my neighbours have the same TV distribution system, but my TV set doesn't
show any TVI problem also when I move the TV set very close to the Rtx.

All the neighbours have new TV set. The troubles are on all the TV channels and
it seams they are not HF frequency dependant.

I use the internal TT Orion antenna tuner and the SWR values varies
continuously from 1 to 1.5 maximum, I don't see any RF feedback
and the audio report was nice but normally I use the CW mode and reports are
always very good.

The antenna feed line goes outside the rig and pass close to a TV and mains AC
sockets.

I use a feedline low pass filter and T4 Radio Works line isolator.

I'll perform other tests as soon as possible. I'll be unavailable during next
days due to a job journey.

Thank again.

Beppe