Re: [TenTec] BURNED AT THE BAY

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] BURNED AT THE BAY
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:50:40 -0700
>Lesson is: You can´t be to careful shopping at the net. And stick to this
>site, after all we are all amateurs and gentlemen...

I wish that were true. Fact is my two worst trades, as far as equipment
misrepresentation and eventual expense to me were concerned, came from
hams who contacted me via this message board.  On the other hand, in
over 150 eBay transactions during the past two years (nearly all amateur
radio related), I have only received misrepresented items maybe three
times and overbid about the same number of times. I agree that eBay has
driven the prices up, but it also makes available such a wide range of
choices for us no matter where we live. In all situations 'Buyer
Beware!". Or as I always say to my sons: "No free lunch". If it seems
too good it is. Read between the lines. Check out the pictures. If there
aren't any or just one and it is too small, too dark, blurry, etc...
RUN!. Ask for more. Ask questions. If it doesn't feel just right it
probably isn't. If they say they are unable to test it.... well figure
that one out.  Remember, what they don't say is what they don't want you
to hear. Probably always best to deal with someone face to face but that
simply isn't very practical in many situations.

73,
Jerry, KG6TT