[TenTec] Corsair PTO

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair PTO
From: "Malcolm McLeman" <malcolm.mcleman@free.fr>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:19:59 +0200
After receiving requisite allen keys via Dan/N4VET, I decided to tackle my
Corsair2 pto grease problem.
Fortunately having my original Corsair1 available for spares, I tried a dummy
run on that.
Conclusion, this is not as easy a job as would appear.
After much deliberation I felt that without a new pto replacement kit I would
go for alternative option of the following using spare Corsair1 pto as role
model...
Remove Corsair lower case and remove pto cover and gasket. Remove two screws
holding pto pcb and delicately prise upward the front side of pcb just enough
to view the brass ball-race housing. Do not rpt not overdo, or slacken the coax
earth tag screw to enhance this operation.  Using either a surgical hypodermic
or in my case printer ink replacement syringe, gently squirt (again in my case)
a small amount of two-stroke petrol on and around the ball race housing,
turning the main dial knob at the same time. The idea being to gently return
the original grease to its former viscosity. I used 2-stroke as it contains a
percentage of oil, hopefully leaving additonal lubrication when the petrol
evaporates.
The result was immediate, a clean tune through each cw signal and even though
it could be my imagination the stability seems to have improved.
Bonne chance,
Malcolm /F5VBU

NNNN
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.