Re: [TenTec] omini 6+ & antenna question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] omini 6+ & antenna question
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:20:09 -0400
I agree that the coax is the most likely culprit, but check the connections
at your antennas, as well, particularly where telescoping elements connect.
Aluminum oxidizes into a non-conductive material that sometimes can be
"broken through" by transmitting. I see this sometimes when I switch to a
20+ year old Hy-Gain trap vertical. Application of 400w transmit often
"fixes" it for an evening.

=Vic=
WA4THR