Re: [TenTec] Propm RX

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Propm RX
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 17:03:31 -0500
> I have an R4A I've been repairing here on the bench and with
> the same speaker, it sounds better than the Orion :-).

L/C filtered radios do sound better in some respects than any radio with
steep filter skirts.

It's certainly a relative thing.  An HRO-60 with a Central Electronics
slicer feeding a 20 watt or so tube amp into a good speaker system sounds
absolutely fabulous, too, as long as there aren't any other stations within
10-20 Khz or so :-)

I find most of the bad audio I get from the Orion is being generated by
something else ... Uh ... Like the other guy's transmitter :-)

Grant/NQ5T