Re: [TenTec] Orion screen

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion screen
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:28:22 -0400
If your Orion is a newer one then  it probably is not a bad display.
However,  I got a first production run Orion and the screen was defective.
Since replacing it the screen is much improved in respect to the darkening
on the upper left corner.  Paul at Ten-Tec has been very helpful when I have
had problems in the past and has spent a great deal of time with me on the
phone when I did not understand something about the operation of the Orion.
I know you are overseas but it would be worth your time to call or email
him.

Having said that,  I have installed a CPU fan over the Orion to blow air
over the top of it.  I have the Orion in a console so suspected that it was
not getting enough air circulation.  Set the contrast on 50 % at least.

Toby   W4CAK