Re: [TenTec] More than Orion (was: ORION, THE TERRIBLE 12)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] More than Orion (was: ORION, THE TERRIBLE 12)
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 23:20:46 EDT

Its Caity, Hello there I see you on Eham quite often, and I like big  radios,
because I am not exactly petite!!  I prefer radios with large  layouts and
big knobs, as my big fingers work better. I use a ft 847 in the  truck ( 94
ford
extended cab , also big)  and enjoy the ease of use.   I had to put 857d's in
both cars as there is no room, but I am always pushing  the wrong button. I
have had th eorion for about  40 hours now and have  made some gud dx already,
( marshall islands, hawaii and  pennsylvania..:)   and I find I can hear stuff
on the same antenna  that the 756 does not hear. so I think its going to be a
keeper.

and not one mention of a fan dipole (yet)  73  tom N6AJR

you  would think the only thing Ten

> Tec ever made was the orion, and I  know they made at

> least 1 other radio..

At least  :)

Seriously, I've been mostly deleting everything.  I
don't  have an Orion and even if money were no object
it's just not my kind of  radio.  I like the small, the
at least somewhat portable, and, of  course, QRP or
nearly so.

I'm a very happy Argonaut V owner.   I've previously
owned the Argo (556), Scout, Delta II, Argosy,
Argonaut  509, and Triton IV.  I could see myself with
one of those again as a  backup rig or a cool rig to
have.  I was tempted by the Argo with five  modules Ten
Tec had at Dayton but the Argonaut V won out and I
couldn't  afford both.  A 6N2 (526) is definitely in my
future  plans.

Notice: no big radios in the list.

Ten Tec makes/made  lots of cool products for almost
every taste.  It's certainly more  than the Orion.

72/73,
Caity
K7VO/8

Caitlyn M. Martin -  K7VO
http://www.mizuhoradio.com/personal/k7vo
Blog:  http://k7vo.blogspot.com
ARRL QRP-ARCI #11018 ARS #445 G-QRP #11577 AK QRP  #637