Re: [TenTec] PSK31

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PSK31
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 22:48:30 -0400
For PSK31, I use the following:
  Tx BW: 3000 Hz
  LF Rolloff: 100 Hz (helps keep 60 Hz out)
  TX Eq: 0 dB

You want the widest and flattest passband for the Tx.  On Rx, I search
the waterfall with ~ 3 kHz  BW, but if there is much QRM, it's nice to
"zoom" in using PBT and BW settings (or H & L cut) to bracket the
signal in as little as a 100 Hz window.  It's good to have the Rx Eq
set to 0 db, also -- so you can work better with signals at the left
of the waterfall.

Hope this helps.

73 Martin AA6E

martin.ewing@gmail.com