[TenTec] 580 Delta

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 580 Delta
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:56:45 -0500
For those of you familiar with the 580 Delta, I have a few questions.
The literature says it has an RIT/TRX of + or - 1 khz..   I would not use an
external VFO and this would not be enough to work up 1-3 split. Has anyone
tried to make this tune farther than 1 khz?
I do not see any reference to an RF gain control. That would be a must for
me.
Since this would be primarily a rig to take on vacation/trips would this be
a good choice?  Where we go there is not a lot of  30+ over9 signals, so
close in imd is not an issue. Size and weight plus performance are the
issues.
Any input positive or negative would be appreciated.

Thanks 73 Paul K9OT