[TenTec] Horizontal loop for 80m

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Horizontal loop for 80m
From: Able2fly@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 19:01:14 EDT
Has anyone ever  tried a multi turn horizontal loop for HF  transmission and
reception? I can't recall having heard mention of anything like  that being
done. I'm talking about 2 or 3 closely spaced turns that resonate on  (say) 80
meters, at a height of 25 ft or so. I guess if it were feasible, people  would
be doing it. I know I could just give it a try, but thought I'd ask  here
first in case I am considering trying  something previously proven not to
work...

Thanks

Bill  K3UJ