Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ Metering issue

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ Metering issue
From: "B. Lee Cornwell" <k2blc@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 06:06:14 -0400
Hello Dennis - I had the same issue.  Check on a dummy load first as
suggested. My problem was the PIN diodes (D2 and D3) on the low pass
filter board and U-1 on the 9 Mhz board. Not too bad a job to
change...my first attempt at surface mount IC's and I did OK !!
73
Lee K2BLC

Dennis Ashworth wrote:

>Well, maybe not a metering issue as the subject suggests, but the FWD power
>indication reads considerably low on transmit. All other meter functions
>appear normal. With the OMNI RF output set at 100W on a Bird watt
>meter  the FWD meter on the OMNI jumps to 25W, then decays down to 10W over
>a couple seconds time.
>
>Any ideas? I haven't looked the schematic yet ... thought I'd collect ideas
>from the masses first.
>
>Dennis, K7FL

B. Lee Cornwell
http://home.earthlink.net/~k2blc/index.html