Re: [TenTec] Orion NR problem

Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion NR problem
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:43:09 -0700
Grant, I'm not sure.  I've been using either N4PY or HRD since last
fall--and before 1.372 was released.  I didn't have the issue with NR
under 1.371 using HRD but don't remember if I've experimented with NR
and not had HRD running.  Will try it tonight.  Carl's program has
many more features than I need and frankly, I prefer tweaking knobs
than running the Orion from within the program.  I just use HRD to
make a few quick changes to parameters which are easier in the
Program than by knob turning--e.g., adjusting Threshold, making large
frequency excursions etc.  My Orion just  made the trip and back from
TT service for some hardware repairs--display screen and one VFO
encoder--and was told that my issues with NR and Cut/PBT lag were
firmware related.

Gary W7TEA