Re: [TenTec] Orion NR problem

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion NR problem
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:58:37 -0400
I don't recall the firmware revision my Orion had when I bought it but I do
recall turning on the NR and my jaw dropping. It was awesome. All the band
noise vanished and I none of the goofy dsp artifacts that most rigs have.
Then I "upgraded" to a new firmware and the NR ceased to work. Pushing the
button had a tiny effect but it was almost useless. I tried many master
resets to no avial. I think we see different opinions here because some NRs
are working and some are not or not much.
Steve Ellington
N4LQ@iglou.com