Re: [TenTec] Orion panel readibility

To: martin.ewing@gmail.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion panel readibility
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:48:50 EDT

I almost never buy radios, cars or any thing else for resale value.  I  use
my gear and if sold, it goes the way it is,  I don't abuse it but I do  use it.
some of my gear has scratches form other rigs sitting on top, but it's  mine
so I do as I choose.

 The fellow was asking about a previous post from someone who used a  silver
marker to make the raised letters on the orion to stand out for his old  eyes
( getting old is not for sissies),  and I think if done well its  probably a
no impact change.  A lot of the time I am known to give  stuff away, and I have
yet to have a complaint of too many scratches on a  gift.

I understand that some folks like to buy excellent old rigs and keep them  as
a piece of history, but I am one who uses his stuff.  I find buying and
selling gear as much fun as using it and have got a fairly decent and very
usable
station ( with a little help from my friends),  a couple of hundred  dx
entities on the log and a nice computer controlled multi -multi station  going
together.

I guess that is what is great about this hobby, there is more than a few
ways to do it.

Your milage may vary!!

tom N6AJR

In a message dated 6/15/2005 7:32:22 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,