Re: [TenTec] Should I buy an Orion now or wait?

To: <doon@infoscientific.com>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Should I buy an Orion now or wait?
From: "Dean Showalter" <dospicos@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:36:44 -0600
Hi Harry ;

I think the answer to all of your questions can be summed up with WHO KNOWS
? Besides TT, that is, and maybe not there either.

I waited two years for them to come out with ORION II, and it never
happened.

TT is not very forthcoming about the future (or present?) of ORION.   I dont
agree with their strategy but there it is?

I bought one and am growing fonder of it all the time. I bought it mostly
because I needed a new toy. Certainly I didnt need to add another good radio
to the three already on the operating table.

If you like playing with new radios with lots of variables, great absolute
performance, and a lousy manual , buy it!  If you are looking for a radio
thats simple to operate, always does what you expect and is simple to learn
, even if you dont read the manual? Walk away.

Good luck on  your decision

73 de Dean  W5PJR
Tijeras, NM