Re: [TenTec] should I buy a FT-1000D

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] should I buy a FT-1000D
From: "DaveHeller" <k3tx@fast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:24:45 -0400
I can't help you much.  I had one experience owning Yaesu - and there'll
never be a second.  Anyone with a bitch about TT operation - service -
support - etc should give Yaesu a try.  A sure cure.  And years ago I
tried a top-of-line megabuck fancy Yaesu just home from authorized major
tuneup against a beat-up Triton badly in need of a bath and everything
else.  The Yaesu was far ahead in most departments:  Weight, appearance,
number of knobs, gadgetry.  The Triton was far ahead only on receive and
transmit, the inconsequential items?  You might see how the Yaesu works
at keeping your car from rolling back on a hill.