Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec and Butternut HF6V Problem And Question

To: "'Steve Baron - KB3MM'" <SteveBaron@StarLinX.com>,"'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec and Butternut HF6V Problem And Question
From: "Dennis McAlpine" <dennis.mcalpine@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:39:15 -0400
I have had a similar problem with my Orion and an old HF6-V with power out
of about 70 watts according to an external Daiwa power meter.  The same
thing does not happen with my FT-1000-MP.  The problem seems to be that the
SWR will not come down enough on 10 for full output on the Orion but the MP
can match it.  The problem with the HF6-V may be that I had to replace the
top section of tubing with another longer piece of tubing and it does not
tune as well on 10 meters.  I have concluded that the Orion antenna tuner
just did not have enough range on 10 meters.  When I put the amplifier on
line, the problem goes away.  The good news (and the bad news) is that there
is now seldom anything on 10 worth chasing anyway.

73,

Dennis, K2SX