Re: [TenTec] Moderate moderation perhaps?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Moderate moderation perhaps?
From: Jack Rubin <jack.rubin@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:40:45 -0700 (PDT)
Running these lists takes a tremendous amount of volunteer effort and anything
we can do to keep the moderator's task manageable benefits us all.

When we signed up to the list, we agreed to a set of rules.  Unless the rules
are offered up for review, it doesn't make sense to argue them on a
case-by-case basis. I believe that the information re a*ction pricing was
presented in a good faith attempt to provide useful information, but once the
problem it caused was realized, that should be the end of the issue.

My $.03 worth - I get an extra $.01 because I moderate another list ;>)

Jack
KC9HVE

Able2fly@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 7/1/2005 8:49:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
RMcGraw@Blomand.Net writes:

> This was the message that caused the moderation. References to auctions
> or auction sites are
> strictly prohibited on the list. Every time someone does this, I get
> flooded with complaints.
> Talk about extra work for the moderator; answering them.
>
> No apology necessary...now you know. I'll remove the moderation.
>
> 73 de Jim - AD6CW
>
> Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX wrote:
>
>>A recent web auction sale for an Orion, s/n 12C10663 closed at $3368. The
>>rig was in GA.

Dear Mr Moderator Jim,

I consider the information given above (>>A recent web auction sale for an
Orion, s/n 12C10663 closed at $3368. The rig was in GA.>>) as a legitimate
answer to a good question. "Zero tolerance" is for those without the ability to
reason, IMO, and often leads to throwing out the baby with the bath water.
Anybody disagree? Should the mere utterance of the word "auction"
automatically trigger a moderation?

Bill K3UJ