Re: [TenTec] ORION roofing filter ?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION roofing filter ?
From: "Steve Baron - KB3MM" <SteveBaron@StarLinX.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 18:41:12 -0000
THis file has helped several new users.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron" <ron@morell.us>
To: "TenTecReflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 07:23
Subject: [TenTec] ORION roofing filter ?

Hello,
I've got a couple of 8 pole if filters in an OMNI D one is 1.8 KHz and the
other is 500 Hz.  It looks as though they will plug into the ORION.  Will
these filters work in the ORION?

This ORION showed up here on June 23 and I'm really starting to like it.  I
had a few problems at first, well 2 or 3, but now that I've read the manual
and used it some, it seems to be working very well.  I think it is going to
stay here for some time.  Not trying to "vouch" for the ORION, just stating
my impression of it so far.  The ORION looks cool sitting beside my Heathkit
HW-16, and based on the "on air" comparisons, the ORION seems to have a more
pleasing CW note.  One observer stated that it is more difficult to find me
on the band when I'm using the ORION, as he could not "follow" the key
clicks to the source.  Win some lose some, eh?

This being my first post to the reflector, I wonder if it will actually get
listed.
Ron
KA7U