[TenTec] Orion "anomalies"

To: mac@Wireless.Com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion "anomalies"
From: N0KHQ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 20:46:04 EDT
Hi Mike,

Looked at your .jpg's nice pictures.

The first thing you might want to try to get rid of the Orion anomalies is to
get it off the top of your antenna tuner. :-)) geez!

John / N0KHQ

Message: 10
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 15:09:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>

Yikes!

I'm a new (3 weeks) Orion owner and long-term Ten-Tec fan, but I must admit,
this Orion is trying my patience.

I have the latest software, and have noticed "anomalies" which I documented
in an email to Ten-Tec.

   I was adjusting the BW knob and this unusual message popped up on the
screen:

   http://cheponis.com/Orion_DSP_T_slash_O_1.jpg

   The radio state, at least as depicted by the front panel, is here:

   http://cheponis.com/Orion_Radio_Button_State.jpg

   Further adjustment of the BW knob produced this screen output:

   http://cheponis.com/Orion_DSP_BG_Fail.jpg

   Power-Cycling the radio cleared this condition.

I did talk with Paul Clinton, a great service guy at Ten-Tec, but about all
he could suggest is doing a Master Reset, and maybe send mail to ditsnbits.

The radio mostly works, but, for example, I don't hear any difference with
the panaramic stereo (I did once, but it didn't seem to work now.)

Sooooo, I figured, what the heck, do a Master Reset and maybe it'll fix it.

Fix it?

NOW, the "MULTI" knob does not work!  I go into the menus and I can't set
parameters because the MULTI knob is a no-op!

I've tried multiple "Master Resets" but the MULTI knob remains a no-op.

Has anybody else had this problem, and is there a fix, or some other reset I
don't know about?

Thanks!  -Mike K3MC