Re: [TenTec] Hercules 444 with Corsair II, Paragon,or Omni-VI+. Is it

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hercules 444 with Corsair II, Paragon,or Omni-VI+. Is it possible? QSK?
From: Tommy <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:13:36 -0400
Forgot to add this:

Before you hook it up, I suggest you take the covers off the 444 and
get into the fan area and do your best to clean out all the dust
collected on and around both fans over the years. You really want to
take some pains to keep the heat flow area as clean as possible for
maximum heat transfer. I'm sure you are aware that there are no
replacement final transistors available for that amplifier, but there
may be some substitutes. So you really should do what ever you can to
help keep the final transistors as cool as possible. And excuse me if
you already know this, but tune your antenna using the Corsair, THEN
turn on the amplifier....saves ware and tear on the final transistors.

Thats a great combination set up for CW.

73,

Tom - W4BQF