[TenTec] Centurion Balananced tuner, matchboxes, etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Centurion Balananced tuner, matchboxes, etc.
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:49:04 +0000
One thing i forgot to mention is that a year or two ago QST had a review of new product balanced matching networks and they included a johnson matchbox for comparison. in the review you can see the matching limits of each product including the matchbox. I recall the matchbox had a more limited range than the newer products but can't remember why. Anyway, if you go to arrl's website at www.arrl.org, login, and go to product reviews, it's there but you may have to scroll through the listings to find it. you will have to be an arrl member to login and have a client on your computer that can read a pdf file (the adobe systems software, acrobat). If you don't belong to arrl, the 25 year back file of product reviews alone makes membership worth the dues in my opinion.

rob/k5uj