Re: [TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II
From: "Gregory J Knapp" <gknapp@freshrain.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:59:11 -0700
I know I get disappointed when a rig (or car) I have moves on to a new model.
Hey, that's just natural.

But I, for one, think its great that Ten Tec is upgrading the Orion to an Orion
2 to provide a color monitor, better filtering options, better firmware, etc.,
because I'm proud of the way Ten Tec is always at the CUTTING EDGE of
technology, providing the most outstanding features to us at about HALF the
price of its competitors! Would you expect less from Ten Tec?

They have not abandoned the Orion 1 owners...Scott makes a point to say the
Version 2 firmware will play on it. So, the way I see it, the Orion 1 owners
continue to have cutting edge performance in, and firmware upgrades to, their
Orion they already paid for, and now, for those who need something more, like
color monitors (which the competition has) and better filtering options, Ten
Tec gives us that opportunity.

73,
Greg, N6GK