[TenTec] Orion 2

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 2
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:05:35 -0400
<<As someone earlier said, sell the radio yourself and buy a new one.  That
should reduce the price to about $1500 or even less.>>>

Reality Check:    The firmware on the Original Orion cannot be fixed much more
because of the hardware design.   They have been at it for well over two and
one half years now and there are still problems with the firmware.  This is
probably the over-riding fact in the decision to replace the original Orion
with a newer and faster one.  After all,   making a recall of all Orions to
upgrade the processor, etc would have been very expensive.

This was a smart call by TT and  will solve the problem of a badly functiong
and outdated hardware design continuing to being sold.

I will probably take some heat for this but I believe it is closer to the
truth.  Sell 'em if you can but buyers beware.