[TenTec] Dragonball Super VZ

Subject: [TenTec] Dragonball Super VZ
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:40:02 -0700
I know little about microprocessors but know there are many on this
list who do.  In looking over the Freescale site, it appears that the
Super VZ was introduced in 2001 and when you review some of the pages
describing it, Freescale states that they recommend that you do not
base new designs on it.  There is a later MX 1 chip.  So, would I be
too far wrong in surmising that the Super VZ may be headed for the
EOL scrap heap too?  But, perhaps I should be especially happy if it
allows the Orion 1 and Orion 2 to use the same firmware!!  I suppose
that as long as it does the job and continues to be available for
production, that is all that is necessary.

Gary W7TEA