Re: [TenTec] Orions

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orions
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:41:37 EDT
Ok, so I am really happy now, after years of use of the "yaekencom" radios  I
finally bought an Orion about 2 months ago, all the filters, autotune and
such. I also bought a als -600to  go with it,  as it would not work  well with
the other amps (ic 2kl's and an alpha) for ease of use.

Now I find the next "upgrade" will cause my $4000-$5000 investment of 2
months to instantly now be worth about half of what I spent.

This is a bit of a shock for a 1 day announcement , this is my first Ten  Tec
rig and may very well be my last. I will have to wait and see if they
continue to support the O1 beyond this initial firm ware #2 upgrade. It looks
like
it will become and orphan to me.

tom N6AJR