Re: [TenTec] New Jupiter for sale

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Jupiter for sale
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:15:58 -0700
Leo, please allow me to answer that.

Rich won the Jupiter in our 50th Anniversary of the Worked All Europe DX
Contest (WAEDC) which is sponsored by the German Amateur Radio Club (DARC).

In celebration of our 50th anniversary of the contest, we held a lottery for
all participants who qualified (required about 100 QSOs to qualify).  We
gave away several attractive prizes.

The drawing was held "live" on stage in Friedrichshafen (Germany) at
Europe's biggest hamfest late last month and Rich's name was drawn as winner
of the Grand Prize.  Of course he was not in Germany at the time, so his
radio was drop shipped to him from TN.

The Grand Prize, a Ten-Tec Jupiter, was co-sponsored by Ten-Tec (USA) and
Appello, the German Ten-Tec dealer.  Accompanying the Jupiter was a licensed
copy of N4PY radio control software.

I would like to thank Ten-Tec, Appello, and N4PY for helping to make our
anniversary WAEDC event the greatest ever and a complete success.

Also, since Rich is a beta tester for Orion, it is understandable that he
does not need a Jupiter.

73
Rick, DJ0IP, DJ2T
Munich, Germany