Re: [TenTec] Fw: Troubleshooting an OMNI D

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fw: Troubleshooting an OMNI D
From: "Ron" <ron@morell.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:51:22 -0700
Mike,
I have a similar problem with an OMNI D and have replaced 4 bad diodes on
the SWR/TR board, which has restored my ALC circuit or so it seems.  But,
after the radio is used for a time, and gets warmed up, it starts to warble
or chirp both on receive and transmit.  I read about the diodes on the PA
board, but I'm not certain looking at my manual, which board you are
referring to, and I am not certain that this stability problem is related
anyway, but it does seem like an amp that is oscillating based on the noise
in the receiver as well as the chirpy CW tones on receive and transmit.  The
frequency display even moves around a bit.  The power supply seems to be
fine.

I've got the soldering iron plugged it, so if you have an idea about this
I'll see what I can melt down.  HI
Ron
KA7U