Re: [TenTec] Switching relay for balanced line:

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Switching relay for balanced line:
From: JOHN <ku3g@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 15:57:42 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Tommy,
 never thought of  that i have an open wired fed antenna now , and intend
shortly to put a doublet that will work, thanks for the idea
73 john

Tommy <aldermant@alltel.net> wrote:
Well, I didn't post such information to my recollection, but I do use
relays to switch my open wire feed line. I have several double pole,
double throw open frame relays out of old Johnson KW Match Box tuners
that work exceptionally well for that application. (They are 115vac
relays) I have also used 12 vdc Dow-Key coax relays for switching
open wire feeders. Just tie the bodies of two of them together
(physically) and use a separate relay for each side of the feed line.

73,

Tommy - W4BQF