[TenTec] Strange Orion Encoder Failure

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Strange Orion Encoder Failure
From: "Glassrus" <glassrus@houston.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 21:21:59 -0500
I have an Orion with less than 50 hours on it.  Today the PBT/BW rotary
encoder apparently failed.  It will only allow me to increase (clockwise)
the settings in either PBT or BW positions.  It will not accept any decrease
(counterclockwise) inputs.

>From my first experience with the rig, I was disappointed with the feel of
these encoders.  They felt too loose and flimsy, although I assumed that
they would work fine in the long term.  Now I am not so sure.

Has anyone else experienced any problems with these encoders?

Yes, before you ask, I tried a master reset.

Thanks,
Paul Rubin N8NOV
Houston, Texas