Re: [TenTec] MUSHY KNOBS

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] MUSHY KNOBS
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:54:41 EDT
Ed, I used the JB Weld about two years ago on a Corsair II bandswitch knob
that did the Ten Tec split.
I only had one good knob left so I filled the split knob just like you did
with JB Weld.
It has had two years of hard use and has not split again.
I called Ten Tec and told them that they needed to tell anyone that bought  a
replacement knob to fill it with JB Weld before putting it on the rig.
Seems the JB Weld acts as a metal sleeve does on a well designed  knob.
I fill all Ten Tec high stress knobs with the stuff and recommend that
others do as well.
If you have a Ten Tec rig your knobs will split.
It is just a matter of time due to a bad, cheap design.
By the way I still have my new backup knob, which has been filled, for
future use, if needed.
I have never had to replace the repaired split knob.
Dan/N4VET