Re: [TenTec] Fw: [50mhz] What radio has the hottest 50 MHz receiver?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fw: [50mhz] What radio has the hottest 50 MHz receiver?
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:44:49 -0500
Try the Omni VI+ with a DownEast Microwave transverter on 2M.  That
combination will put them ALL to shame.  For my CW operation, I use a 500 Hz
filter in the 9 MHz IF and a 250 Hz filter in the 6.3 MHz IF.

FWIW - with a single 10 element yagi (17 ft boom) and the combination above,
I hear EME signals off of the moon.  No external preamp required.  Add a 150
watt brick and you will find that you can make EME contacts on 2M.  Of
course you have to pick your times, moon location, and stations.

73
Bob, K4TAX