[TenTec] Twins!

To: tentec@contesting.com, tentec526@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [TenTec] Twins!
From: "Caitlyn M. Martin" <mizuhoradio@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:13:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, everyone,

Well... I've gone and done it.  I know have an
Argonaut V and a 6N2 sitting side by side.  The 6N2
has the dimpled, weighted Argonaut V knob so the two
rigs really do look like Ten Tec twins.  It's a very
smart looking little station.

My first impression of the 6N2 is positive.  There was
no band opening on 6 or 2 to really give it a workout
on SSB or CW, but sensitivity on relatively distant FM
repeaters seems to be better than any other rig I
have.  (This rig does have v.1.23 firmware.)  I get
the idea that I will really end up enjoying the 6N2
once I'm home when the bands cooperate.  The September
VHF contest will be a great test for the rig.

73,
Caity
K7VO

Caitlyn M. Martin - K7VO
http://www.mizuhoradio.com/personal/k7vo
Blog: http://k7vo.blogspot.com
ARRL QRP-ARCI #11018 ARS #445 G-QRP #11577 AK QRP #637