[TenTec] Corsair II - Problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II - Problems
From: "Giorgio Santantonio" <g.santantonio@cgtelemar.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:16:10 +0200
Dear Friends,
I bought a second hand transceiver Corsair II, working fine with some minor
problems that I'd like to fix, with your help, if it's possible. Below the list
of fault I noted:

- Internal Electronic Keyer: It's not possible to regulate it in the low speed
range. Up to about 9 o'clock of speed control position the keyer speed remain
unchanged, after that all work fine

- Frequency display: frequency readout is very unstable between 18.000 and
18.100 MHz

- Spot pushbutton: pushing this button the received frequency in about 1 KHz
far from the selected Tx frequency. Probably this is normal to zero beat in CW
mode, but what about SSB?

- Optional filters: the filters in the third slot (250 Hz passband in CW)
reduce drastically the receiver sensitivity.

I'd appreciate any help and suggestions you can give me to fix the above
problems.
Best Regards
Giorgio Santantonio - IZ0DIO