Re: [TenTec] Good Surge Supressor

To: kz5i@arrl.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Good Surge Supressor
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:49:02 -0500
Most building supply places, i.e. Home Depot, Lowe's, have a "secondary
surge arrestor" available in their electrical department.  It is attached to
the main breaker panel.  It has 3 wires, 2 black and 1 white that connect to
L1  & L2 and ground.   It protects the entire house.  Cost is about $29 or
so.  Well worth it and easy to install.  Just hang it across any 2 pole
breaker such as AC or range, etc.  Lot cheaper and much better than all
those stupid poorly designed plastic box power strips that have the ground
attached internally by a rivet.

73
Bob, K4TAX