[TenTec] FT-1000MP Mark-V/Field and FT-847 to be discontinued

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FT-1000MP Mark-V/Field and FT-847 to be discontinued
From: "Dennis O'Connor" <k8do@mailblocks.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:06:34 -0400
I currently own, and really like, a Mark-V... One of the very early serial
numbers... When I bought it I could not expect Yaesu to produce the Mark-V
forever anymore than I expected them to produce my FT-990 forever, or TT to
produce my Model 563 and 564 forever (bought several over the years, great
rigs), or that Drake would produce my TR-7 forever, or my R-4 forever, Likewise
my Icom rigs, my Collins rigs, my Heathkits, Hallicrafters, Hammerlunds, Swans,
Genaves, Dentrons, Henrys, and on and on... (gosh, I've had a good time!)

You lose more money the day you drive your new car off the dealers lot than you
will ever lose over your "new" radios being discontinued... Those who are
wailing and whining about TT moving on to the Orion II, about V2 Beta testing,
yadda, yadda, are being childish and need to grow up...

denny