Re: [TenTec] Fw: Problem with Paragon I

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fw: Problem with Paragon I
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 08:36:11 -0500
My thoughts:

I suspect that C5 on the logic board has reduced value due to age.  Not
uncommon.  Replace it.  It's a 4.7uF that is off of the RESET pin #25 of U7.
If an exact 4.7 uF value is not available then go to the next larger size.
It will only slow the MP initialization process for a few milli seconds and
that won't cause any harm.

I suspect that the MP is trying to initialize before Vdd is stable from VCC1
source.  This is caused scrambling of data from ROM/RAM addresses.

73
Bob, K4TAX