Re: [TenTec] Orion vs SDR-1000

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion vs SDR-1000
From: "Ron Notarius" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:37:37 -0400
Well, I disagree a touch that the SDR-1000 will "cut into" the Orion's
market per se.  Now if we were talking about the Jupiter, I might agree with
you.

In other words, those who would be interested in an Orion but unable to
afford one at present might find the SDR more palatable to their pocketbook.
And yes, I know you get what you pay for... but sometimes you have to settle
(for now) for what you can afford, not what you dream of.

In any event, let's wait and see what happens when the SDR's start hitting
the market.