Re: [TenTec] RS232-Orion-WriteLog-SteppIR

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RS232-Orion-WriteLog-SteppIR
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:20:54 -0500
Lawrence,
        I've been running WriteLog with the Orion for at least 18 months
now, and for some reason it will occasionally say "No Rig!" on WriteLog.
I don't use the Y-cable or a SteppIR.  I don't know if it's related to
polling time or what.  It has happened on all FW levels, altho last year
I would occasionally get a bogus frequency entered when logging a station
- that has not happened at least since 1.372.  DX4WIN has no problem with
the Orion, so I'm not sure where to point the finger on this one.

        73,  Duane

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:42:07 GMT "Lawrence Stoskopf" <stoskopf@tri.net>
writes:
> I never have gotton the Y cable to work with the Orion, new model
> Dell,
> SteppIR combo to work.  The Orion will talk to the Dell/Writelog
> until I
> plug in to the SteppIR controller and then it all says "No Rig".
> Noticed
> yeesterday that occasionally would get the same message in just
> casual
> operation.  My last hope is that the RS232 signal is "weak" so just
> ordered
> one of those $40 boosters/range extenders.  Wonder if it should go
> at the
> rig to Dell interface or at the Dell/SteppIR cable?
>
> N0UU

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas