[TenTec] Antenna switching

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Antenna switching
From: JACrux <G3JAG@patents.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:37:41 +0100
Looks like there is more choice than I thought, but the one thing to avoid is
firing RF into another rig instead of an antenna. My back to back Heathkit
switches do this for me; the one leading to the antennas is switched to
ground when not in use, so I could send RF into a dead short I suppose.  But
if I hear no signals, I check the switch first .... Its either switched to
ground or to the dummy load. Both give low signal strength on receive ....
That also happens if my feedline is bust so switching antennas can be a quick
way of checking for a serious fault in the antenna

G3JAG