Re: [TenTec] How to Lubricate rotary inductors

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] How to Lubricate rotary inductors
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:57:45 -1000
Hi Tim,

>Are you sure you want to lubricate the coil itself?
>Such lubrication will attract dirt, causing intermittant operation.

That is why I used the term "Rotary Inductors" instead of "Roller
Inductors." In the case of variable inductors, which use a little wheel
which rolls on the inductor wire as the moving contact, I agree that it
would be better not to put any lubricant on the incuctor wire or the
outside of the wheel. Still I think the shaft which goes through the
axis of the wheel ought to have some kind of lubrication.

Also there are variable inductors which use a sliding contact, instead
of a rolling contact, such as the Johnson 226 series. I think that these
should have some lube too.

DE N6KB