[TenTec] 238B

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 238B
From: <k8jdc@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 14:58:10 -0400
Larry / W1GOR,

T238B Manual, Chapter 1, Section 1-5, Part C:

"For balanced feedline systems, add a jumper from SINGLE WIRE to one of the
BALANCED LINE terminals as shown on the rear panel, using a short wire.  Then,
connect the feedline to the two BALANCED LINE terminals."

That's exactly what I did.

JDC
 W1GOR W1GOR at Maine.RR.Com Sat Sep 24 13:51:38 EDT 2005 a.. Previous message:
[TenTec] TT 238B Question(s) b.. Next message: [TenTec] TT 238B Question(s) c..
have the transmission line connected to the balanced inputs
plus the extra wire going from one balanced terminal to the single-wire
terminal."

Why is the "...the extra wire going from one balanced terminal to the
single-wire terminal." ???  It seems to me that this 'extra wire' is
unbalancing a balanced feedline.

Re-read the TT instruction manual... Try removing the "extra wire"...

73, Larry - W1GOR