[TenTec] New Rig

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New Rig
From: "mgoins" <mgoins@mail.ev1.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:39:03 -0500
Just picked up a 544 that I want to use as my primary rig. Know it's old, but
it's still a fun rig and will work okay here for cw and ssb both. Have never
run more than five watts and mostly one watt or less for 28 years now so will
run it reduced too.

Not sure what mods it might have listed somewhere, but want to peak it up and
would appreciate some leads on what might need modifying.

Planning on either the old D-104 or the Heil desk mike for ssb. If anyone knows
of another mike that seems to work better, please let me know. Considering the
speech processor that Ten Tec still sells to ehlp on ssb (though not going to
be there much).

Back to listening.

Mike
k5wmg