Re: [TenTec] Whirlpool Duet, Neptune, Orion

To: "Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Whirlpool Duet, Neptune, Orion
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 02:29:48 -0400
I will address some of this on the list and on the eham thread when I get back.

In the meantime, Mike Gruber, our RFI engineer, is also going to address this
by contacting the manufacturer.

Still, those complaints to the FCC will help.  However, the manufacturer is
probably following the rules.

Manufacturer responsibilities:

o Meet equipment authorization requirements. In this case, that means
verification -- essentially self testing. As an appliance, it is exempt from
most specific emissions limits.

o Use good engineering practice -- whatever that means.

User responsibilties

o Even if the equipment meets the limits, it can cause interference. The
operator of the device must correct the interference.

The FCC will have no sympathy if your own washer is getting you, though.

Ed, W1RFI/6