[TenTec] open wire supports

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] open wire supports
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 07:13:08 -0500
It has been suggested on here and elsewhere to twist it every few feet. I
have no idea what effect that has on it, as I run a piece of rope through
mine threading it back and forth  through the windows every 3 feet or so.

Right now I have a 80m horizontal loop up about 50 feet and the rope is
taking all of the strain. It is tied off at the antenna and is tied to an
anchor at the ground. This takes care of the whipping in the wind and puts
no strain on the feed line. Since I started doing this my breakage from
flexing has been nil.

I will try and look up the suggestions that I got on here for new
openwire/windowed plastic feed line today.

Thanks to all
73 Paul K9OT