[TenTec] Fw: 301 encoder hook-up

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: 301 encoder hook-up
From: "Roger Borowski" <K9RB@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 22:28:14 -0400
For those following the tread I started about the 301 encoder and the Omni VI
Plus not working together was solved earlier today with the help of many, but
especially Bob Brannigan-W2EJG, who led me to the simple answer, posted in the
archives. Evidently a fellow by the name of Steve Mosier had posted a simple
solution to the TenTec reflector on Oct. 27, 1997. It involved removing 2 pins
from the cable going to the PC serial port. Everything is documented below.
Works Fantastic! Thanks to all for your help and leads. 73, Rog-K9RB