[TenTec] Wilma Advice

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Wilma Advice
From: Max Maxwell <k5pp@orx.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:59:59 +0000
New Rule: There is nothing in your fridge/freezer that is worth
cleaning it out.  I thought I would be gone from New Orleans 2-3
days.  I didn't get back in for 2 weeks. I didn't get power back for
a month.  Saved the sub-zero (luckily had no meat or fish in this
one), threw the other fridges out.  Lost some shingles but no water
at my QTH.  The steppIR is now rated category 4. I evacuated to
Houston for Katrina only to lose power 3 days with Rita.  With these
monster storms you don't know how long you will be gone.  So, lower
the beam, retract the elements, lay down the vertical, empty the
fridge, turn off the gas meter, unplug everything.  A neighborhood
BBQ is a good way to get rid of the food.  And, unless you like
sitting in traffic 21 hours, evacuate early.
73 Max K5PP