[TenTec] Updated Orion

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Updated Orion
From: "Ben K8DIT" <benk8dit@callatg.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 07:08:13 -0700
I have Orion serial # 10654 with a 10c prefix, which means a production date
of Oct. '04.

I bought it used and found a 40khz band segment missing on 75meters. I was
told this was a synthesizer alignment problem. So I sent the rig to Ten Tec.

It works fine now. The invoice listed several updates to the synthesizer, IF
converter and CPU/DSP boards. No materials listed as used in the repair, and
the charge nominal. <$100.00

Ive had the rig back a day and only the transmit audio seems different, I've
been told by my local friends on 75m and 160m. It sounds different in the
headphones as well, while monitoring. The rig was gone 17 days.  The
recievers are very nice and even better than I remembered it.

So why would the tx audio change?  I noticed the cw relay sound has gone
away. So Im very happy with the Orion as it is, still on the steep end of
the learning curve Having sent the rig in for a looksee goes a long way
toward  peace of mind while anticipating V. 2.0