Re: [TenTec] 6 Meter Antenna

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 6 Meter Antenna
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:55:10 -0600
There s nothing like a 4 or 5 element yagi on a 45 ft boom.  Unless it is a
pair of them stacked.

As to the coax fed loop, it will work if you can match it.  As to how well,
that remains to be known.  On the other hand, the 238 tuner is just too
clumsy to make it to 50 MHz.  A dedicated tuner is preferred.

And when it comes down to it, a simple center coax fed dipole cut to about
50.2 will do a nice job and it won't get any simpler.

73
Bob, K4TAX