Re: [TenTec] TenTec CW filters or Inrad?

To: roncasa@verizon.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec CW filters or Inrad?
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:57:54 -0600
Regarding the Paragon vs. the Omni 6 let me be a bit more specific as I have
both.  Both being a model 586 Paragon II and a model 564 Omni VI Plus.  If
you want a general coverage receiver buy the Paragon II.  It will also work
60 meters.  If you want a ham band only with built-in DSP, buy the Omni VI
Plus.

I must admit the Omni VI Plus with filters in the N-1 and N-2 positions as
well as all three filters in the 6.3 MHz IF is a better receiver than the
Paragon II with the three filters in the 6.3 MHz IF.  I personally prefer
the Paragon II receive audio which does not have DSP artifacts over the Omni
VI Plus with its internal DSP.

73
Bob, K4TAX